Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fly Away Little Birdies


The birdies are on their way to their new homes. That was a fun little diversion. But holy smokes, I have less than two weeks until Maia's birthday and have compiled quite a to-do list for her celebration. First and foremost, I need to finish her birthday ring - she remembered that I said I would and so it must be. Then we have a small fairy party planned and I decided that I wanted to make fairies as party favors - so we're going to try a clothespin doll/fairy scavenger hunt. Maybe a little ambitious for 4-year olds, but should be fun. Then there's a fairy/birthday coloring book in the works. Oh dear, what have I got myself into - all self-imposed of course.


Did I ever post about this birdhouse? I think maybe it got lost in the "back to work" shuffle. Chris and I made this birdhouse following instructions from Sunset magazine. It's supposed to be suitable for Western Bluebirds, which I would love to attract to my yard. I've seen them here a few times but very rarely. But, the exciting news is that the Oak Titmouses, who are around pretty often, have been fluttering about and even in and out of the birdhouse. I'm very excited. I'll try to get a better picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok now I feel bad about my birdies for the exchange! Your are sooooo goooood!!! Oh I just love them and will have to write regina and see if she can't sneak me one of yours, lol.
I am a horrid sewer but I tried! Good luck on the bday party. I have no doubt your faries will be adorable!
xxoo,
a.
www.andieedwards.com

Arte da Luluzinha said...

Very beautiful =D