Saturday, January 03, 2009

This Swap is Right Up My Alley...


Why not start the year right by jumping right in to a swap? We're going to make 5 little birdies, send them to Creative Kismet, she'll divvy them up, and send us 5 birds from other participants! I'm picturing a permanent bird tree display in our future.

I'm not sure what I'll be making but here's some inspiration found right in our house:
I made this one using some home dyed refelted (by a friend of a friend) felt. She sits at my desk and at Christmas time on the tree.

I bought this wet felted beauty at the Felt Club XL event one year.

OK, this one's from Starbucks, but it's cute too.

And last, this one came from my Nana, at least I think it did - it reminds me of her anyway, and it was made in Mexico. I've had it in my Coca Cola box display for as long as I remember. I love it's colors, and paintings. So this ought to keep me busy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I'm doing her swap too! Maybe we'll one of eachothers birds...although I should warn you, I am a terrible sewer.
Love seeing the birds around your home!
a.

Anonymous said...

get. "Maybe we'll GET one of eachothers birds"...
:)

Regina said...

That's weird. I thought I commented on this already. h

Anyway, thanks for adding to the bird inspiration. I love little bird ornaments! I still haven't a clue what I am making. That's on my list for tomorrow.