Saturday, February 07, 2009

When It Rains It...

is pouring... I'm up to my eyeballs in life going on. The good news is that it is raining. Finally.

I've got Maia's birthday party mostly under control, but I did have to scale back a little. I'm fine with it. We're still going to make fairy clothespin dolls, and they are coming along nicely. Here's a preview:

More bad news from work. Ugh. Less work will be coming my way due to v-e-r-y slow economy. I guess it's the risk you take being a casual part time employee.

Maia's treatment starts Monday. She'll get IV steroids for two hours, 3 days in a row. I really don't know what to expect. She's already resisting physical therapy a bit - it's just not fun. Sitting with an IV stuck in your arm, three days in a row - not fun either. But I'm working on a doctor/appointment bag that will contain special fun things she can do while at our not-so-fun appointments.

2 comments:

Mama Llama said...

The fairy dolls are very sweet and I think the scavanger hunt (from your last post) sounds like a lot of fun. My son is 4 and he loves to go on scavenger hunts at the park. We usually hunt for things like a stick shaped like a Y, a mossy rock, acorns, pine cones, etc. It's great fun, and I tell myself that he's learning to follow directions.

A question about the fairy dolls: how are the arms attached? Have you drilled a hole through the pin?

Best wishes to your and your daughter as she starts treatments this week.

Alexis said...

Yes, we used a drill press to drill 1/8" hole just below the "shoulder". The scavenger hunt and fairy making went off well, they had a lot of fun (with mom's help with the fairies).

Thanks for your message!