Friday, April 18, 2008

Fun Project

I go to a parent-child class with Maia once a week. There is always an art project for the kids to do and this week, Maia was particularly engaged. The flowers are made from coffee filters, diluted food coloring, and pipe cleaners. I think she made about 8 of these. The idea was to get them to use an eye dropper, working on their fine motor skills, to drop the color onto the filter. Then we twisted the middle of the filter, attached a pipe cleaner and voila! A beautiful bouquet.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi - I fell into your blog through uncommon grace (she posted about the awesome birthday ring you and your husband made). I live in LA and am not sure where you live in LA but was wondering if the parent child class is an art class and if so where it is located? I have a 9.5 month daughter and am just trying to stockpile fun things for us to do together. Thanks in advance. p.s. love the valentines day skirts you made.