Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My little first grader

Sofia started first grade today at a new school, Peace Montessori. She has been a bit out of sorts for the last two weeks or so (*slight understatement*) and she did have a little trouble saying goodbye (i.e. had to peel her off of me and quickly exit) but I'm sure she's fine. Right? She's fine. Her teacher gave all the parents a note with a couple bags of tea. The end of the note said, "rest in the knowledge that your child will be cared for and encouraged in the natural enthusiasm for learning that children of this age possess in such abundance." Yes please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful message from the teacher. Hope she has a great first day!

Regina said...

Wow! She looks like such a big girl! I hope she had tons of fun and made lots of new friends.

Jenni said...

I hope she enjoyed her first day. She looked like she was having fun after school in the yard. I know it took Delaney *no time* to feel at home at Peace Montessori, I hope the same will be true for your brave little schoolgirl.

Jodi Renshaw said...

What a great name for a school ;)