Friday, February 01, 2008

Valentine Peasant Skirts


I am on several children's clothing catalog lists (why do I torture myself?) and I was coveting some really cute dresses for Sofia and Maia, but since it is (was) January and the renewal of our commitment to a leaner budget (ahem), I went searching for a pattern for a peasant skirt. I found one here. It has a cool calculator based on the wearer's actual measurements. I had to make adjustments for length because the pattern is for adults, but it was pretty simple. I learned how to do the gathering from this pattern, which I hadn't done before. I think they will love them - at this age they really like having matching things. I'm still working on some american apparel t-shirts with some kind of applique with the remnant fabric.

2 comments:

Regina said...

oooo, those are so pretty. Your girls are going to love twirling around in those. Beautiful choice of fabrics too!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Your tiered skirt idea is great...I always fall in love with holiday prints and want to drape my girls in them. This is a smart way to use a whole array of fabrics :)
What a treasure of loveliness your blog is! I see that you are not a blogging fiend with multiple daily posts, etc...but I will definitely be peeking in here occasionally to see what's new :)