Sunday, December 16, 2007

Favorite Traditions

This weekend I spent much of my time working on Christmas cards. First I sketched the idea and scanned it in. Then I used Illustrator to edit and separate the colors for printing on my Gocco Printer. This is the first print layer of three. I've been making holiday cards since I was a teenager, first for my parents and now for my family. There have been years here and there when I haven't done it and had to gasp! buy cards. Making cards is one of my favorite traditions of the holidays.

I saw a product display at a store yesterday that said "Inhale. Exhale. Repeat." It was a display for incense and incense accoutrements but it seemed to be implying that the shopper must be stressed and having trouble relaxing. I think we mostly create our own stress at this time of year. Self-imposed stress. Making cards is my self-imposed stress. But I really like to do it. Maybe I should start a little earlier next year though.

No comments: