Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Shower

And they're off! Phew! I feel like I'm in the land of many unfinished projects. It feels good to get one done. It was a short and sweet print job. Only 30 invitations and only two screens. I'm pleased with the turnout. I did the drawing in Illustrator, separated the color, printed each in black and then burned the screens. The photo is a little goofy because I had to smudge so many things out. You know, privacy issues. This is the internet afterall. So this morning Sofia came to me with this heart and asked me to write down the names of the people I love. I was making lunches and running late (what else is new) and asked her to please put it on my desk so I could do it later. A few minutes later she came back with something written on the back and she read it to me.

Love is beauty
Love is kindness
Wonderful things happen to lovers
Love is kissing and hugging
and happiness
Love is snow and sparkles too
It is two people getting married when grown

I don't have to tell you how neat I think Sofia is and how wonderful an artist she is. Now she's a poet too.

4 comments:

Regina said...

Awwww, that totally made my heart melt!

Beautiful baby shower cards too!

hillman.is said...

I love Miss Sofia :)

Amal said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Undoubtedly a reflection of the love in your household - very nice.

Alexis said...

Yes, except then I would have to take credit for all the discord, too. Ah, oh well, I'll take the good with the bad.