Thursday, October 01, 2009

Oooooo, ahhhh, camera stuff

We decided to replace our 50 mm lens that was stolen from our car over a year ago. I had volunteered to take some photos at Sofia's school and realized that it would definitely come in handy. We also took the plunge and bought a nice flash. We're calling them our early birthday presents, to the tune of a couple months early. That's ok, we'll still be enjoying them when our birthdays roll around (Chris and I have birthdays a week apart). So here are my first victims...

Look at this face... don't you want to squeeze it?

And this one... she wasn't cooperating, go figure. These were shot indoors in daylight, no flash.

Here is Miss Cat, with the flash bouncing off the ceiling, nighttime.

Here's another one of Miss Rocky, with flash to the face. I had to include it for obvious reasons.


And here I am with and without flash, daytime. Having fun.

Oh, and here's a funny. The other night in the shower, Maia looks at me longingly and says, "Mama, will I have long boobies when I grow up?" Yes, my dear, I'm afraid you will.

4 comments:

Mama Llama said...

I'm so glad that your daughter calls them 'boobies', too. My neighbor was absolutely horrified a few days ago when my son asked her if she fed her baby 'booby milk'. She couldn't believe I let him call them boobies. I tried to muster up some feelings of shame or something (she looked like she expected it) but all I could think was "Thank god he didn't ask her if she 'gives her baby the titty'. By comparison 'booby milk' is downright polite." (He gets titty from living on a farm and hearing many references to teats. He really only uses that word to describe cow's, not my chesteses.)

I got a 50mm and speedlite for Christmas last year, and I'm still having fun playing with them.

Alexis said...

How funny, I don't find booby offensive at all but I do refer to my own parts by their proper names. I figure the girls will grow into saying the proper names. I'm sure I'm the one who started the whole "booby" thing in the first place. What do you call what they have? a nipple? a breast? No, a booby :)

Mama Llama said...

My son calls what he and his father have (and I suppose what little girls have, if he knew about such things) "nibbles", which I find absolutely adorable.

Regina said...

My guys called breastfeeding "boop-boop". So, they have, on many occasions, asked other women if they give their babies boop-boop. I always get a somewhat mortified look.

COongrats on the new flash. Looks like lots of fun to play with. And, I say "cheers!" to long boobies! Might as well embrace it!