Monday, December 15, 2008

A Week of Firsts

I suppose any week could have some firsts, but this one had a few more than normal.

- Sofia lost her first upper tooth, she's a real jack-o-lantern now. One on the top and two on the bottom are missing, and two more are half way in on the bottom.

- The tooth fairy forgot to come for the first (and hopefully last) time. Oh dear. Oops.

- The first illness of the season - Maia had to miss school 2 days this week with a fever.

- We hired our first babysitter! After 6+ years of trading babysitting with friends we finally graduated to a real live paid babysitter. It worked out great. She is the 17 year old daughter of one of Chris' colleagues, and the girls loved her. I figure as long as we don't do it too often, they'll always be excited to have her come. That is if we can afford it!! I handed her $50 at the end of the night. Ouch.

- First frosty morning. We get a limited winter around here, so we really have to savor every frosty moment we get.

I have not a single picture this week, but I am busy working on Christmas cards, a 60th birthday gift, a doll cradle, and a fairy pagoda, so lots coming... I do have a picture that Sofia drew this week. It's an "interpretation" of my Pig painting from a while back. I may be biased but I think it's pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome drawing! I love kids art.
Oops on the toothfairy...been there done that! This is where you have to think fast on your feet. I think I ended up telling my son that the toothfairy brought him MORE money that usual so they left in my purse. Ha!
:)
a.